Man Utd boost in Sancho’s transfer hunt

0
4

Manchester United have received a major transfer boost amid reports that Borussia Dortmund will sell Jadon Sancho for £90million.

The Red Devils are long-term admirers of the winger and have been plotting a swoop for months in an attempt to lure him back to England.

Manchester United may have received new hope in their attempts to sign Jadon Sancho this summer with Borussia Dortmund dropping their asking price

But with Dortmund wanting well in excess of £100m, a deal looked to be off the cards this summer due to the financial implications of coronavirus.

And the Bundesliga side are understandably desperate to keep hold of the England sensation.

However, according to Bild’s Christian Falk, the club would be willing to consider an offer of £90m.

And that could tempt Manchester United into going all out, knowing full well it is unlikely Sancho will be available at that price next year.

The 20-year-old has been in blistering form with 20 goals and 20 assists across all competitions for Borussia Dortmund this season, including his maiden career hat-trick in May.

Dortmund’s head of club licensing, Sebastian Kehl insisted earlier in June Sancho would be staying for at least another season.

But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was encouraged by opposite number Lucien Favre admitting the Englishman could leave after all.

And the Germans even confessed to being “concerned” about their talented youngster’s future.

Director of football Michael Zorc spoke out about the former Manchester City prospect staying with the German side.

Speaking to German media, Zorc said: “It is clear that we are concerned. But I don’t want to talk about that now.”

READ ALSO  Moyes not to blame for Manchester United struggles – Van Persie

On Saturday in the crunch clash with RB Leipzig, Sancho was left on the bench until the 78th minute with reports in Germany stating Favre left him out of the starting XI over fears his head is already with Manchester United.

read also:Man Utd may wait for 12 months to get Dortmund’s Sancho

SunSport reported recently how Dortmund’s patience with the 20-year-old is running thin.

The United target was in trouble again when he reacted angrily to being fined for breaking lockdown regulations by getting a haircut and was then told “to grow up” by his team-mate Emre Can.

Returning late to training, missing the start of team meetings and regular trips back to England have also not gone down well over the course of the season.

And it is now thought after three years in Germany, Sancho has his heart set on a return to the Premier League.

SunSport revealed with his proposed switch to Old Trafford still not over the line, he has told friends he would even consider going back to former manager Pep Guardiola at City, if they showed an interest.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here